PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

See it here viewtopic.php?f=69&t=21024

Talk about it here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:27 am 
O8-18
O8-18

How about some pictures of that interior, it looks custom! '63 hardtop, my favorite.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:14 am 
O4-10
O4-10

Outstanding build :!: :!:

I'm also impressed you could find the '63 parts car in that condition in a wrecking yard. That wouldn't happen here in SC.

Also would love to see more pics,

Hal R

The older I get, the better I was!

63 Sprint HT AACA Sr.
63 Sprint HT Street Rod (Cobralcon)
63 4dr. Wagon (Statwag) daily driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:35 pm 
O3-09
O3-09

awesome... its a similar color to mine, but i like your color better, what is it? tell us about the rear fender "flares" for lack of a better word.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:37 pm 
O8-13
O8-13

Sorry guys---I never saw or paid attention to the link for the blog. I don't see where I can attach any pics here so I'll put them to the custom corner or member's garage. The color for the car was a process of elimination. I wanted blue & I just had Ned's Auto Body in Concord, Ca put some colors in aerosol cans. I sprayed my primered trunk with about 6 different colors of blue before I chose the one I liked. I did all prep work & primer in my garage, then took it to a body shop where the owner let me use his spray booth & I shot it. Four coats of single-stage urethane & two coats of clear gloss. The rear fenderwalls were a lot of fun. I had help from a welder buddy of mine. We cut the fenders slits 5" up about an inch apart, then cut off 4" of the slits. The last inch we bent out 90 degrees & tack welded a 1/2" of carbon steel pipe that we bent into shape. After adding some sheet metal to close the gap between the inner & outer fender there was a lot of welding & metal grinding. Then lots of bondo/sanding & you're done----------------------------

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:23 pm 
O12-18
O12-18

FrankPB wrote:
I don't see where I can attach any pics here so I'll put them to the custom corner or member's garage.

When you make a post (either new or a reply), scroll down below where you type your message. You'll see an "Upload Attachment" section. Click the browse button and navigate to where you have the pictures stored you want to include in your post. Once you've selected it so the path and filename are in the "Filename" block, then click the "Add the File" button. Your file will upload. Repeat this process for each picture up to a maximum of 6 pictures per post.

Pictures must be 800x600 or smaller. No need for them to be larger than that anyway.

An alternative method is to have your pictures stored elsewhere like in Photobucket, etc. and then just include the link to the picture in your post. That's actually the preferred way if you'll be posting a lot of pictures as in documenting the restoration of a project.

1965 Fordor Futura, 289, C-4
Web Site: http://www.midamericafalcons.com