O8-12
O8-12

How would you rate their business?

RC Motorsports link

Post subject: Re: RC Motorsports
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:01 pm 
O4-10
O4-10

I've bought quite a lot $$ of parts from William and Willie and enjoy talking with both of them. My last item (not counting a rear sump soil pan) was the triangulated 4 link coil over system they are marketing. It was apparently designed for a Mustang and adapted to Falcons which is fine. My application was for a '63 Wagon which was not so fine! I spent buckets of money and time trying to get the damn thing to work and finally gave up and took the car to Willie, left it and picked it up several days later.

I won't bore ya'll with all the detail but the story goes on and on 'till I now have Air Lift air over shocks and a very much modified 4 Link to the point I lament not sticking with new leaf springs and helper air bags which would have worked very nicely for me and I would have saved about $2,500.00 when all was said and done.

I became really irked when William wouldn't believe the Aldan coil overs that are part of the kit both failed at the same time. He told me he's been using them for years and thinks maybe only had 2 fail ever and not at the same time. When I sent them to Aldan for repair I asked for an evaluation of the failure and was told the shocks were rebuilt and 50 lb heavier springs were installed, that the original springs were too light and that's what caused the failure.

I you decide to go with their setup and have a wagon, be sure you get the heavier springs with your coil overs or you'll probably end up with the same problem. I'll still do business with RCM but only for their tried and true systems such as their Mustang II setups.

The older I get, the better I was!

63 Sprint HT AACA Sr.
63 Sprint HT Street Rod (Cobralcon)
63 4dr. Wagon (Statwag) daily driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:42 pm 
O3-11
O3-11

In January bought the RC-107 MII coilover kit with Ididit column for my 62 Comet.
William and Willie were very helpful and patient with my calls before I finally gave them the order.
They are Ford only guys and seem to know the details of the Mustangs, Falcons and Comets better than the others that supply MII setups. They seem to be the only ones supplying coilover setups for the Falcon and Comet. Heidts and TCI only supply spring over shock setups.
When the shop owner where I'm having it installed found out they used Aldan Eagle coilovers, he suggested I order without and that we will install Bilsteins or something of better quality later. Car will be on ride height bars until I get closer to the completion phase (which is still 1-2 years away).
He was really impressed with the quality of the components, especially the welding.
Delivery was quick and painless.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:33 pm 
O5-10
O5-10

I'm very happy with RC Motorsports. The quality of their kits is very high, and the prices are reasonable. I have found Willie to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

The only reason I would not give them "excellent," is that in addition to finding Willie and William very helpful on the phone, I have also found them abrupt, verging on rude on an occiasion or two. This is when I'm asking dumb questions in order to find the right part so that I can spend money purchasing their products. But you know what? I'm the customer, and I don't just call to chat.

Oh, would I buy from them again? Absolutely!