Site Admin

How would you rate their business?

Auto Krafters link

But Facebook Sucks!

Post subject: Re: Auto Krafters
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:18 pm 
O3-18
O3-18

Although I've heard both good and bad things about them, I've had nothing but good service from them. Sheet metal is a decent reproduction and fits good - first hand with both quarter panels (front & back sections) and full floor pans/toe boards. Note: floor pans had to be modified to fit my 'vert - like all re-pops. Only downside is that they, like most larger catalog sales shops, have a minimum order.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:12 am 
O8-15
O8-15

I've placed a couple of catalog orders with them and have not had any trouble. Their website leaves ALOT to be desired though!So forget about quick orders!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:29 pm 
Trails End

Ive had good luck with them, good stuff at reasonable prices. The website is marginal, but it gets the job done. The phone operators arent too sharp (didnt know if Michigan was east or west of the Mississippi), but otherwise good service.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:14 pm 
O11-18
O11-18

They sell a lot of parts but don't necessarily stock it all. Sometimes the wait to receive items can be quite lengthy. Not the best source if you are in a hurry. Otherwise a good source for parts (if you are patient).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:38 pm 
o-3-8
o-3-8

They were the first place I ever found that made stuff for the 66-70 Falcon. I still shop with them because of that, if nothing else.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:57 am 
O8-15
O8-15

Update! I recently ordered some floor pans from them. They didn't have one of them in stock, but were kind enough to send me an email notification, so I was able to call them back and cancel that one. The other one it took them almost a week to even ship it out! They are a good company - always friendly and happy to help on the phone, but they are very slow. I recommend them only if you are in no hurry.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:34 pm 
o-4-6
o-4-6

I just placed a huge order with them.. Very nice on the phone they helped with all my questions.
Their website Sucks.. The online ordering process is difficult to say the least. If you want free shipping you have to order online, which I found nearly impossible.
They offer the customer no way to sign up or join so you can sign in and use the quick order feature..
I like that they offer the whole catelog online even though it's time consuming to go through the pages to locate part numbers..
I wasn't able to order my carpet online because they don't offer part numbers for carpet as it is custom made. So we'll see how well they read the comment boxes as I told them I wanted to add carpet to my order and gave them everything they needed to add it to my order..

Their prices were usually the lowest and they price match if you want to go through the hoops to get the lower price.. we'll see how that part turns out later..

I'm in no hurry so time wasn't a big concern..

Nathan

Nathan and Jen's Flock
63 Falcon Squire "71D" Mayble
15 f250 6.7L "blue ox"
16 Fusion "new gen falcon"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:31 pm 
O11-18
O11-18

I've bought a lot of stuff from AutoKrafters. Had good service from them and they carry a broad range of parts for all brands. I hate to think how much worse off we would be without their services. I for one am glad they are still around.

Ron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:20 pm 
O7-15
O7-15

[quote="FordsForever"]They sell a lot of parts but don't necessarily stock it all. Sometimes the wait to receive items can be quite lengthy. Not the best source if you are in a hurry. Otherwise a good source for parts (if you are patient).[/quote]

On top of that they won't tell you when the rare parts are in stock or even manufactured anymore.... Always order by phone and ask if part is in stock is my experience.

Mike in Chicago

http://www.fordfalcon2000.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:34 am 
o-4-6
o-4-6

I was going to order by phone, but they add a handling fee and charge shipping..
If you order via the net your shipping is 9.95 plus any over size shipping.. in my case it was $50 for my $500 order..

My complaint is they never sent me a final innvoice with what they billed my credit card. I waited three days and had to call them and then varify the shipping is what they quoted me over the phone..

Nathan

Nathan and Jen's Flock
63 Falcon Squire "71D" Mayble
15 f250 6.7L "blue ox"
16 Fusion "new gen falcon"