Site Admin
Site Admin

How would you rate their business?

Original Falcon / Comet / Ranchero / Galaxie / Fairlane Interiors

But Facebook Sucks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:31 pm 
O4-10
O4-10

I rated these guys good based on what I consider rather the high end on pricing. The product has worked well for me and the delivery has been good as well. If they were a little more price reasonable I would rate them excellent.

The older I get, the better I was!

63 Sprint HT AACA Sr.
63 Sprint HT Street Rod (Cobralcon)
63 4dr. Wagon (Statwag) daily driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:40 pm 
o-4-6
o-4-6

I agree..
Prices are a little on the high side.. Didn't stop me from ordering my complete ranchero interior though..
Everything looks great too..

Nathan

Nathan and Jen's Flock
63 Falcon Squire "71D" Mayble
15 f250 6.7L "blue ox"
16 Fusion "new gen falcon"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:57 am 
O3-18
O3-18

As noted above, prices are on the top end of all of the available suppliers however others have raised proces so they are more in line with this vendor. The quality of the material is very good. I can tell the vinyl is thicker and has a 'richer' less plasticy gloss to it when comparing it to other suppliers. Things to know: 1 - convert top boot does not come with snaps as it does with other vendors - other items may be similar, 2 - In my case, the "matching" dye doesn't match at all and is a standard 'SEM' rattle can paint, 3 - Interior came in 3 different shipments = 3 UPS charges. I'm sure if it were in 1 shipment the total shipping cost would have been significantly lower, 4 - Little to no technical support.

All that being said, the interior does look good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:07 pm 
O11-18
O11-18

I have purchased 3 interiors from them. Nothing but the best service from Jake ! I have been very happy.

32 Ford Roadster Hot Rod, Flathead V8
36 Ford 3 Window Coupe Street Rod
36 Ford Roadster Hot Rod, Flat Head V8
37 Ford Truck, Flathead V8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:36 am 
O3-11
O3-11

HELLO, I have bought a interior set for my 63 comet convertible... they send me a OEM set for a 4 dr hardtop.. they say just the bottom piece wass wrong??? it did not fit at all,... the pieces were too short ... too long and very baggy on the seats that it did fit.. I wanted to send the pieces back but they would not refund my money .. due to their mistake on the items.. they must be eager to do a sale.... they agreed to send me another set in the colour that I really did want to match the door panels... there was a problem about that( but that is another problem) I am waiting for the items to come.. hopefully it will not be long to arrive as they promised fast shipping.. the seat cost me just over $735.00 USD in total.... alot of money for the wrong ones.. and I hope it will end on the new ones... I think if I was to do another car... I would just have a local person make them up... I am in CANADA so it is hard to deal with some one in the USA on this... I was in a hurry as I really wanted the interior done to take it to a local car show with the new stuff inside.. I will post my results as to if I am satisfied with the new stuff .. they said they tried it on a seat before they send it out..I was dealing with JAKE direct on this..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:22 pm 
O3-15
O3-15

I had a terrible experience with Original Falcon Interiors. I would never recommend anyone do business with them. You can read all about it in the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35345#p268170

If that thread is too long for you to slog through, here's a quote from my final analysis of the experience with OFI and the owner, Jake:

"-Jake's entire explanation of the reason for the wrong dimensions, i.e. blaming me, was a giant smelly fabrication.
-Jake does not know the proper dimensions for 1961 Ford Falcon seat covers.
-Jake is totally unorganized to the point of stupidly wasting time sending me another seat cover to test THAT IS THE SAME DIMENSIONS AS THE ONE THAT DID NOT FIT. =D>
-Jake is incompetent and a liar, but in the end, he was honest enough to refund my money. (I wish he could refund the months of time I have wasted on this)"

Thomas