Site Admin

Your feedback for Summmit Racing?

Summit Racing link

But Facebook Sucks!

Post subject: Re: Summit Racing
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:57 am 
O12-12
O12-12

This is local store for me (5 miles). When upgrading my cooling system they had no problem with me returning parts for full cash refund, no questions asked, none of this getting credit on your next purchase or restocking fees. They go the extra mile on any and everything. This place is #1 in my book.

FCA #12327
60 Tudor V8
63 Futura HT
66 SC parts car
74 Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:48 am 
F-6
F-6

I've had nothing but good things when dealing with them. Probably have had 20-25 purchases over the past 8 years (various projects.) Never had a problem with the order, and the one time I had to return something, it was an easy, painless process.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:49 am 
F-9
F-9

I looked on their website and it said the carburator I wanted was in stock. Drove down to the Atlanta store, turns out the part was "in stock" at their Ohio store. So not all of the stores carry the same items in stock. If you plan on going to the actual store its best to call ahead and speak to someone. The time before I did call them (because I had questions about the part I was going after) and they had it waiting for me at the counter when I got there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:05 pm 
o-8-1
o-8-1

[quote="Jeff Thomas"]This is local store for me (5 miles). When upgrading my cooling system they had no problem with me returning parts for full cash refund, no questions asked, none of this getting credit on your next purchase or restocking fees. They go the extra mile on any and everything. This place is #1 in my book.[/quote]

I agree with Jeff. When I was drag racing I spend well over $20,000 with Summit through the years and never had one bad experience. They are always very helpful. My brother-in-law in NC and I are in the process of restoring and modifying a 55 Che*y. I orderer a 350 crate engine with 410 horses just a about a month ago to drop in the car and it arrived in less than a week from time of order. I have ordered parts for my Falcon and as always the service is great. Jeff it is a real good thing I don't live that close to the Summit parts store. The day of the Summit Ford Show and Shine me and my brother spent hours inside with our mouths hung wide open while looking around. Man those two Falcons they had in the show windows were great. I know Clifford high performance has parts but I asked one of the guys there at Summit to check on high performance parts for six cylinders for me. Summit didn't have a lot of six cylinder stuff that I could look at in the store but he said he new where to check (maybe not Clifford) and would get back with me. Can't wait to see what he comes up with. Great Store and Great Service.

Falcon Pictures and Diagrams

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd56/BigSam_012/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:15 am 
O4-10
O4-10

I seem to purchase something from Summit every month and sometimes several items. I have a built in bias due to delivery. Living in Southern South Carolina if I order a part that is in stock before noon I get it the next day almost without fail. That is regular delivery.

Recently the Summit person completing the sale asked if I wanted it (the part) sent air frieght and I asked him if he was going to have someone step outside and throw it in my direction. No need to pay extra when you get next day at normal ground shipping.

Besides that they have been excellent on returns, suggestions and technical support as well as almost always having what I need in stock. The best was with my headers for the 331. Patriot said they didn't stock or even manufacturer the part # I was in need of but when I checked with Summit, they still had two set on the shelf so I was in luck and the headers fit perfectly. Can't beat adding luck to competence and that's how I veiw Summit Racing.

Hal R.

The older I get, the better I was!

63 Sprint HT AACA Sr.
63 Sprint HT Street Rod (Cobralcon)
63 4dr. Wagon (Statwag) daily driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:55 am 
O4-09
O4-09

I look at summit when buying all the time.
They are out of state so no Ca sales tax shipping is free but I don't like the $11 per order handling fee.

It keeps me from making smaller orders that I would much rather click and have deliver to my door rather than chase down...

I have returned several times and had a packing error once. But I make a half dozen orders a year so not bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:50 pm 
O1-15
O1-15

I have had nothing but great experiences with Summit! I do not live far from the McDonough, Georgia store and the items I order are always shipped fast!

http://www.goldencitycruisers.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:16 am 
O3-18
O3-18

I've had nothing but great experiences when dealing with them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:20 pm 
O11-18
O11-18

I haven't bought a lot of stuff from Summit. But of what I have they have always had good and quick service. ^::

R :) n

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:32 pm 
O3-13
O3-13

I've had nothing but great service from Summit. ^:: ^:: ^::

Shipping speed? It's kinda slow, since I only drive Buttercup at the speed limit. It takes almost 20 minutes for items to be delivered to my door. =)) =))

Rotor

Buttercup, 64 Falcon Futura
260 V-8
Ford-O-Matic
Mostly original, including the dents.
FCA Member #15016

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:11 pm 
O3-13
O3-13

Made quite a few purchases(30) the last couple of years and I have nothing but fantastic things to say about them. Pricing is good, shipping is the best I have ever dealt with. I wish they carried Falcon parts because I would not go anywhere else. I order on Wednesday by 10pm and I usuallly have it on Friday or Saturday at the lateast.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am 
O3-11
O3-11

summit is still top of the line for me....i've 10-20k with them and never a problem.......having SLOW deliverly problems with the outfit that bought out all the FORD parts vendors'

having a problem with auto trim supply ordered floor mats couple of weeks ago...still nothing...call them won't return calls...could be in trouble with this company from masa az.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:19 pm 
O1-11
O1-11

There is a retail outlet here where I live. I love going in there and looking at all of the eye candy. ^::

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:04 pm 
O3-13
O3-13

I will be there at that store next Tuesday while at Hot August Nights. Like Home Depot for cars... :D ^::