It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

For those of you who have noticed and those who will notice that the menu on the main site and the links in the forum are changing here is the reason...

The server provider did a security audit of the TFFN site and came up with a significant number of security problems. Among those were some scripts that hadn't been updated in a long time. To name a few The Auction, Classifieds, Member's Flea Market and Chat rooms) Since they were seldom used by members and more and more were being used by companies to advertise their stuff which had nothing to do with falcons, probable scams from south Africa and so on they are now history. I just never could justify the cost of keeping the latest versions of the software because of lack of member use.

I have already shut down the forums earlier this morning and did a complete upgrade of them and fortunately don't seem to have run in to any trouble doing that. The forums should stay up and running now, but the main site and a lot of stuff that was found in the TFFN links in the forums will be missing. I figure since I'm going to have to go this far I might as well rebuild the whole site now (which is going to take a good while to do). Probably weeks!

The main site looks will just about totally change and I could use some member help with that as far as pictures of Falcons, Comets and Econolines go. What I want to do is have a picture of a round body, square body, big bird and a 70 1/2 with a picture of a Comet and Econoline on the main site page. I'll need the pictures to be taken at different angles for each model. If any of you would like your bird on the main site page then let me know. I'll need new pictures taken at the angle I need and they need to be pretty near professional quality with a more or less solid background so it won't be too hard for me to remove the background around them. You can PM me if you would like to help.